- Scented handmade candles, made by the Dalit People of India.
- All Dalit candles are produced by the Dalit people of India and the purchase of these candles supports our work with street children of this people group.
- In 2010 Life Association launched the Dalit Goods brand to raise awareness of the Dalits’ plight and also funds for the charity. The idea for Dalit Goods came about as a result of a trip to India by Life Association director Simon Hawthorne. Whilst there he began to notice a large number of smashed clay pots around the slum areas of Mumbai. These clay pots turned out to be drinking pots which for thousands of years the Dalit people have often been forced to drink from and then smash on the ground as a sign of their supposed untouchability. It is this powerful symbol of oppression that inspired Simon to launch our range of Dalit-branded products.
- It is their goal to design and supply ethically sourced and environmentally sensitive products and provide employment to Dalits in India.
- To find out more about the work of Life Association visit www.lifeassociation.org.uk
- Ethical and environmentally friendly alternative to the tea light candle with a smooth finish.
- 100% blended beeswax.
- Burn Time: 4 Hours
- Votive: Natural Clay Pots.
- Width - 4cm X Height - 3cm